Final Training Ride

Final Training Ride

Tuesday 3 September 2013

Day Two

Can I just say that the next time I suggest taking the scenic route Yen has full permission to shoot me.    We took the scenic route today from Truro to Bude, via Padstow, Tintagel and Boscastle and it was ridiculously, stupidly and exhaustingly hilly.  There are no flat bits in Cornwall, its just up or down and today we climbed about 5000 feet which is more than cycling up Ben Nevis, which is a bit silly really in Cornwall.

We had great weather and some fantastic views, stopped for a nice lunch in Padstow with a view of the harbour and we limped into Bude just in time to make the bike shop, so they could fix my wheel after a spoke broke going down a hill around Tintagel.  So Yen had to watch my wobbly wheel for the last 10 miles wondering if the wheel and us would actually make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment